The Garmin vivosmart hr and Jawbone’s up 3 are both great fitness wearable to have. Both of them are wrist-bands, with features of fitness and activity tracking. In this post we will write about the differences and the similarities of these two in order to help you choose the one that fits you the best.
Garmin Vivosmart HR
- Tracks you steps, floors climbed, distance walked and calorie burnt
- Heart rate monitor
- Tracks active and inactive moments
- Tracks and monitors your sleeping habits
- Smart notification; calls, texts, social, music, games
- Silent vibrating alarm
- In active moments vibration
Jawbone Up 3
- Tracks your steps, distance and calorie burnt all day long
- Tracks and monitors your sleeping
- Silent smart alarm
- Idle alerts; remind you to keep moving
- Advanced activity tracking
- Smart coach; provides personalized insights
Click here to learn more about Jawbone up 3 features and customers reviews
So .. What is the difference between Garmin Vivosmart HR and Jawbone Up 3 ?
Brand Garmin vivosmart HR Jawbone UP3 Image Features 1.00 x 0.42-inch,160 x 68-pixel LCD touchscreen
Made of a silicon band
Has a regular watch strap
Tracks steps walked, floors climbed, calorie burned and distance
Tracks active and inactive moments
Has an optical heart monitor
Monitor heart rate and resting heart rate
Track and monitor sleeping automatically
Analyze deep and light sleep
Smart vibration alarm
Receives and displays notifications (texts, calls, emails, calendar events, Facebook, Twitter, and more).
Control music from your phone’s playlist
Find my phone feature
There's no OLED display but it has lights to indicate sleep mode, activity mode and notification
Made of a rubber skin band (TPU rubber strap) and an aluminum body (less than 0.5% nickel)
Tracks steps, distance and calories burned
Tracks and monitor sleeping pattern automatically; REM and deep sleep.
Monitor both heart rate and Resting heart rate
Smart vibrating silent alarm
Idle alerts; to keep you motivated and moving
Log your food and drinks for food and calorie tracking
Smart coach; gives you personalized insights
light fitness tracker that is around weighs 29g
Other Features Show the time
No personalized coaching
Doesn’t show the time
Compatible devices Computer
Mobile devices Water proof Water proof up to 5ATM ( 50 m) Water resistant; yes for shower, no for swimming Battery life up to 5 days up to 7 days Reviews Garmin vivosmart HR Review Jawbone up3 Review Links Click Here Click Here
As you can see by reading the above table and the related reviews, the garmin vivosmart hr and jawbone’s up 3 are very similar in the their basic fitness tracking features. Yet, the differences are the following ;
- The Garmin vivosmart hr has a display that shows the collected data, and you can control music through it and finally read the notification that you’ve received.
- The Jawbone up 3 considers different aspects other than activity tracking ; for example you can log in your food and drinks to track it down.
- The up 3 is more socially integrated; you can share your goal and achievements.
So .. Which one to buy ?
We would recommend to have the garmin vivosmart hr if you care about viewing your notification and being able to control your music through the band. For us, it was really a great plus one to be able to see who is calling you without the need to look at your phone.
Other than that, the jawbone up 3 is a great option with a great application and it looks fashionable too. ..!
what is in the box of Garmin vivosmart hr ?
In the box you will find; AC Adapter, Clip, quick start menu, usb charger and wristband
Is jawbone up 3 compatible with Android ?
Yes the jawbone up 3 is compatible with both iOS and Android.
On the other hand, the garmin vivosmart hr is compatible with iOS, Android, Windows and OS X
What app does it work with Garmin vivosmart hr ?
The vivosmart hr uses Garmin’s application connect to sync the data with. However, you can use any other fitness applications such as MapMyFitness, Strava, Endomondo